How to Crack SSC JE in First Attempt? – Tips, Tricks and Strategies to crack SSC JE
How to crack SSC JE in first Attempt?
Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC JE for the recruitment of Junior Engineers to group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts in two phases- Paper 1 and Paper 2. to Crack the exam, one must be well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus.
SSC JE Paper 1 Exam pattern
Examination Paper Pattern SSC JE 2017 :
|Paper – I
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural)
|Part B- General Engineering (electrical)
|Part C- General Engineering (mechanical)
|Paper – II
||Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural)
In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer(Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II.
Candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which his/her answer sheet (Paper-II) will not be evaluated.
SSC JE Paper 1:
Important Topics to Cover for SSC JE: How to crack SSC JE in first Attempt?
Important Topics are General Intelligence and Reasoning
Arithmetical Reasoning, Verbal & Figure classification, Relationship concepts, Observation, Visual memory, Decision making, Judgment Analysis Problem solving, Space visualization, Similarities and Analogies
Important Topics to cover in General Awareness
Scientific research, Indian Constitution, General policy, Economics, Culture, Geography, Sports, History and Current events
Important Topics for various Engineering Specialization: Candidates have to choose a specialization according to their specialization.
SSC JE 2017 Civil Preparation Strategy & Plan
1. Syllabus: Know your syllabus thoroughly. You will not be very successful in writing the exam if you are not aware about the Syllabus and scheme of exam.
2. Focus more on theory: It is known very well, that in civil engineering is a very practical subject but it involves a lot of theory and one must never avoid the theoretical concepts of the exam as there is a lot of chemistry and physics that goes
3. Get your Basics Right: Get your basics right and then only you can go further with more tough concepts.
4. Prepare Notes and Revise: Apart from using reference material to study, you need to prepare using your own notes and other
5. There are no shortcuts: There are shortcuts to success in civil engineering. You have to work hard to achieve success in civil engineering.
Important Topicsfor SSC JE Electrical Engineering – How to crack SSC JE in first Attempt?
Preparation Tips for Electrical Engineering:
Here we throw light on how to prepare section-wise for SSC JE 2017 for those who have applied for Electrical Branch as Order of preference.
- Network Theory:
- The questions are of simple numerical type
- The same model questions are asked every year
- You need to practice in order to get things right
- Electrical Machines:
- Most of the questions are theory based
- Strengthen your basics to answer the questions
- Numerical problems are simple and can be answered if you get your basics right
- Measurement and Measuring instruments:
- The subject carries a weight of 12 to 15% in the examination
- Lot of Theory questions making it easy to answer the questions
- Predictable questions
- Power systems:
- Theory based questions
- Not many questions in the exam from this section
- Few Questions from this section, but tricky questions
- Basic Electronics: Most Electrical Engineers will ignore this section while preparation, but this section is where you can score a lot of marks as they are theory based questions and contain simple, direct formula-based questions
Important Topics for SSC JE Mechanical Engineering – Production engineering, classification of steals, Principles hydraulic turbines centrifugal pumps, Fluid pressure, Fluid Kinematics, Dynamics of ideal fluids, Measurement of flow rate basic, Fluid mechanics, Machinery properties & classification of fluid, Fluid statics measurement, Thermal engineering, Properties of pure substance, 1st & 2nd law of thermodynamics, Rankine cycle of steam boiler, Engineering mechanics & strength of materials, Fittings & accessories air compressors & their cycles, Refrigerator cycle principle of a refrigerator plant nozzles & steam turbines, Theory of machines & machines design
Make Use of Appropriate Books: Candidates must use the best books available to prepare for SSC JE. Candidates must choose their study material and books wisely and select books that adapt to the given syllabus. It is more advisable to buy books from reliable sources and publishers. Using online PDF is not a very good idea.
Quick Preparation tips for SSC JE:How to crack SSC JE in first Attempt?
- Manage your time well as there is not much time and lot of questions to solve
- Eat well and sleep sufficiently to focus on the upcoming exams
- Solve Mock tests regularly
- Evaluate your performance regularly
- You need a lot of accuracy in mathematical problems
- Strengthen your basics well
- Solve Sectional mock tests
- Know the syllabus and Exam pattern well
You need to score high sectional cutoff to get selected among lakhs of candidates