IB ACIO Exam 2017 Reasoning Preparation Tips- Get sureshot tips, tricks and strategy to crack Reasoning section in IB ACIO 2017 exam
IB ACIO Exam 2017 Reasoning Preparation Tips
IB ACIO Exam 2017 Reasoning Preparation Tips- The Intelligence Bureau, which comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs, conducts IB ACIO exam for recruitment of candidates into the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer. The mode of examination for IB ACIO test will be conducted in pen and paper mode for the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II/Executive.
IB or Intelligence Bureau is a Security agency which works for national security and counter-terrorism, IB ensures and gives radio licenses to amateur radio enthusiasts and also shares intelligence inputs with other intelligence agencies which work in the direction of protection of the country. Are you one of the contenders aspiring to crack IB ACIO exam? If yes, how well are you prepared in all the sections? You can find the answers for the above when you practice well with IB ACIO mock tests and you can accordingly rate your performance.
Out of all sections asked, Reasoning is an essential part asked in every competitive exam and one of the most scoring sections. It is one of the strongest parts of the exam which aims in testing skills related to presence of mind and analytical ability of a candidate. In this article, we bring you some useful insights on IB ACIO Exam 2017 Reasoning Preparation Tips which will help you score well in this section.
IB ACIO Important Dates
Given below are the important dates of IB ACIO exam-
|Date of Tier I Exam||15th October 2017|
|Date of Tier II Exam||7th January 2018|
IB ACIO Exam Pattern
- This is an Objective Test.
- The Tier I Stage is a written exam of 1 hour.
- This will have four different sections of 100 marks.
- A candidate can appear for Tier II only after qualifying Tier I.
- For each wrong answer, there is Negative Marking of 0.25 marks.
|Tier/Mode of examination||Description of examination||Section-wise Marks||Total Marks||Time (minutes)|
|Tier-I||Objective type MCQs, on:
||4 sections containing 25 questions of 1 marks each||100||60|
IB ACIO Reasoning Preparation Tips- IB ACIO Syllabus for Logical/ Analytical Ability
It is extremely essential for a candidate to have an in- depth knowledge of the syllabus and important topics asked in IB ACIO exam. Given below is the IB ACIO syllabus for reasoning section-
- Alphabet Test
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Blood Relation
- Coding decoding
- Distance direction test
- Logical Venn diagram
- Missing Number
- Paper cutting & folding
- Embedded figures.
- Figure formation & Analysis
- Cube & Dice
- Mirror Image
- Water Image
- Pattern Completion
- Counting of figures
IB ACIO Reasoning Preparation Tips- Tips, Tricks and Strategy
Given below are a few tips and tricks to crack reasoning in IB ACIO exam-
- Reasoning section is all about understanding the logic of the question and applying the tricks. When you know the right trick to solve questions in this section, reasoning becomes the easiest of all.
- In order to solve questions from verbal analogies fast, try and figure out relationship between terms in the first pair. You need to have a strong vocabulary which will be of great help.
- In questions related to analysis judgment, one is supposed to reach a conclusion based on the information given. This process requires skills of critical thinking and may take longer than most other questions. Eg.- Questions based on blood relations, directions, height. You need to practice a lot of questions of this type to gain proper expertise.
- The most important thing in reasoning is to analyze what is given in the question and note down the data points to solve the question in a better/ enhanced way. If you understand the problem which the question contains, you will easily be able to give the suitable answer.
- Avoid making assumptions/ judgments while solving any question. You can get better results when you solve with proper tricks and methods.
- When you are unable to land on any conclusion, try eliminating options as per the information given in the question to find the correct answer. Don’t try to answer each and every question if you are not sure about it.
Stay tuned for more updates on IB ACIO Exam 2017 Reasoning Preparation Tips. Happy learning!