On 19th May President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an Intelligent Operations Centre (IOC) in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
President Mukherjee also launched a Mobile App Monitor for transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township. The Smart President’s Estate will work around the 4H theme of a Humane, Hi-tech,Heritage and Happy Township.
• The IOC is a software solution designed by IBM.
• It helps collect and make sense of the rich data streaming in from several sources within the Estate to provide intelligent insights.
• It offers integrated data visualization, near real-time collaboration and deep analytics that will help agencies prepare for problems, coordinate and manage response efforts and enhance efficiency of services.
• The Monitor mobile application is a Residents collaboration tool of the Intelligent Operation Center.
• The application will help residents and domain (Energy, Water, Horticulture, Waste and Security) supervisors to collaborate in a smarter way for their observations.
• It will enable residents to report issues such as broken street lights, electricity failure, water wastage etc. and check resolution status using their mobile devices.
• It will allow residents to report these issues using their mobile devices in the Estate on a real time basis.
• These reported observations can be used to provide enough details such as location coordinates, address to concerned departments.
• This will help the residents of the Estate become more socially responsible, aware and collaborative.