Sectional Timing Introduced for SBI Clerk – SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2018
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2018 – Sectional Timing Introduced for SBI Clerk
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2018 Changed for the first time ever by SBI. The Examination process will consist of preliminary and main online Examination. The candidates qualifying for the main examination will be Invited for a personal Interview. From 2018 onwards, Preliminary Examination will have sectional timing of 20 minutes for each section. The introduction of sectional timing will compel aspirants to put more effort in time management. There will be 30 Questions in English Language, 35 Questions in Numerical Ability and 35 Questions In Reasoning section in the preliminary Examination. Each Question being 1 mark, the total marks will be 100 marks for 100 Questions in Preliminary Examination.
In this Article, You will learn about various details about the examination pattern for SBI Clerk 2018 as well as the changes made in the Pattern of Examination;
Here is the exam pattern of SBI Clerk Prelims and SBI Clerk Mains exam:
SBI Clerk 2018 Preliminary Exam Pattern:
For the very first time, SBI has introduced sectional timing for the online examination of SBI Clerk
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the no. of vacancies, subject to availability) will be short listed for the Mains Exam from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
- There is no minimum qualifying marks for individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall) score.The Prelims exam is bilingual i.e available in both English and Hindi, except for the English section.
- There is negative marking for 1/4th mark for each incorrect answer.
SBI Clerk 2018 Mains Exam Pattern:
|Serial Number||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||25 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- The online test will be bilingual, available in both English and Hindi language except for the English section.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers (1/4th mark will be deducted).
- No minimum marks for individual subject are prescribed.
Take SBI Clerk Prelims mock test as per the latest exam pattern.
Candidates can download the Syllabus by clicking on the Download link below.
Knowledge of official and Local language:
Candidates who produce 10th standard mark sheet/certificate having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others, language test will be conducted at the time of interview /before final selection.
Candidates not found to be proficient in official and/or local language would be disqualified.
Marks secured in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be added to the marks obtained in Interview (Phase-III) (if interview is held) for the preparation of final merit list. Final selection will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination) and interview combined together.